Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dear Diary #9

September 20th, 2011

I forgot to talk about this yesterday, but because of those I follow on Tumblr, I started (and finished in one day) the anime No. 6. This isn't the first time they've gotten me into something, Kimi ni Todoke was the first one and I will watch Durarara! eventually (but that's because it's the artist who created Yozakura Quartet, something else I need to finish watching), and it won't be the last I'm sure.

No. 6 seemed interesting just from the photo posts. I skimmed peoples comments about how Sion and Nezumi are in love and that Nezumi leaves in the end (that partially ruined the ending for me, but it did not ruin the story's plot).

I have read and watched a few things about a utopia that isn't really the perfect utopian society, the Uglies books is a perfect example that is similar to No. 6's society yet obviously had its differences.

In the world of Uglies on your sixteenth birthday you get plastic surgery so that you look just like everyone else. Their doctrine is that the individuality of people, mainly based upon looks, is what leads to conflict and war. Life will be peaceful and perfect if everyone was the same, no flaws at all and no one is better than any one else. But the truth behind the books, as revealed in the first book of the series is that the surgeons are putting lesions in peoples brain forcing you to be the same as everyone else, and if your brain develops differently than the drones of society you are able to get a government job because you are better than the rest in that perfect society.

A lot happens in the origional Uglies Trilogy that changes the society, but I don't want to ruin it for you by telling you all of that. I do recommend the series for those of you who want to know more, it's really an interesting world Scott Westerfeld created . . . that reminds me that I need to read his Midnighter's Trilogy . . .

Now to No. 6! It's utopia is a rather nice on on the surface, and it's not til the last three episodes that you understand why Nezumi wants to destroy the city. The ending was a bit rushed though, they should have drawn it out a lot and had more romance develop between Sion and Nezumi, two kisses were not enough!

My favorite part of the entire series is in the second episode where Sion is walking with his childhood friend Safu, who obviously had a crush on him and she reminds me of the character Bones on the FOX show Bones (origional title there FOX) because she is blunt an scientific about all that she says.

In the episode, Safu is hanging out with Sion for the last time before she goes to No. 5 (another utopian city, this one is more artistic than No. 6 but not much else in known than that) to study abroad for two years. Just when the two are about to part ways, Safu says she wants one last thing from Sion, and this is exactly what she said: "I want your sperm."

I cracked up! Sion was so flustered and she was so straight faced about it! It made my day completely.

The show made me hate bees and love dogs more, and I hope they do more with the story. After I finished the last episode (it was airing during this last summer so it's relatively new) I looked up the manga (No. 6 was origionally books, than manga and now the anime series) and was upset that there was only four chapters which only goes through episode 4. The manga does look really pretty, so I will read it, I'm jsut upset its behind the anime for what's available in English. Makes me sad.

On a happy note, I checked to see if Loveless was updated (it's been a year without updates) and it was! It got a good amount of chapters up in the last three or so months, so I'm reading those currently. I just kinda forgot what was happening, but Loveless is such a simple series that I'll remember it easily.

Yesterday was the new season of Two and a Half Men and the Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen. It was really funny! That's all I'm going to say because I'm sure you all watched it or have already heard plenty about it. Though I will say, they should not censor naked Ashton Kutcher!

Today is another date with my personal trainer, another day that I will want to kill Micah. I need to work out; I weigh 162 lbs. and I'm only 5' 8" (7 1/2" depending on the way you measure) so that's not a good place to be, at least for a female. Guys are allowed to have some more weight, well as long as its muscle its good. Having extra pounds of fat no matter your gender is not a good thing, mainly in America - we have too many fat people as it is, we don't need anymore.

So now I'm going to add some photos and AMVs from No. 6 so that you get a gist of what it looks like. Warning its genre is shounen ai (boy love) but they only kiss twice and it's not as hard core as Junjou Romantica by a long shot, their kisses are barely pecks. Do enjoy!






No comments: